Only residents of Sarpy County may enter exhibits in Open Class, which is made up of static exhibits.
The Junior Fair is made up of 4-H exhibitors. Only Junior exhibitors enrolled in 4-H are eligible to exhibit livestock.
Junior members residing in other counties are eligible to exhibit in the Sarpy County 4-H Fair if they are enrolled in the Sarpy/Douglas County 4-H program. All 4-H exhibitors are subject to the rules set forth by the Sarpy/Douglas County Extension Service and Sarpy/Douglas County 4-H Council.
- The Board of Directors of the Sarpy County Agricultural Society reserves the right to interpret these Rules & Regulations and arbitrarily settle and determine all maters, questions and differences in regard thereto or otherwise arising out of, connected with or incident to the Fair.
- While the greatest possible care will be taken by the management to protect patrons of the Sarpy County Fair, each individual will be held personally responsible for his or her own actions, and the management will not be responsible for any injury.
- The promiscuous distribution of advertising matter is strictly prohibited, and no tacking of advertising matter on buildings will be permitted. Exhibitors may distribute advertising matter from their places of exhibit only.
- No person will be allowed to do any soliciting for any paper, merchandise or ad articles unless they obtain permission from the Secretary and pay the required fee.
- All possible diligence or care will be exercised to prevent loss or injury to articles or animals on exhibition or display, but it is hereby expressly stipulated that the management of the Fair will in no way be responsible should any lessor injury occur. All articles not removed by 10:00 a.m. the day immediately following the last day of the Fair will be disposed of by the management.
- Articles competing for Open Class premiums must be entered in the name of the bona fide growers and owners who must be residents of Sarpy County.
- Only one article can be entered under each premium number unless otherwise designated.
- All applications for entries at the Fair must be made from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday of the Fair, and must specify the name and residence of the exhibitor and the class, lot and premium number for which exhibitor wishes to compete.
- When there is but one exhibitor competing for a premium, judge may recommend no premium, first, second or third premium or other awards as provided. Only one entry will be recognized in each classification or premium competed for. In some classes, there are exceptions to the above ruling: these exceptions will be noted by special rulings at the head of the class they affect.
- Open class premium payment and release starting 4:30 p.m. Sunday (no early releases on any articles entered into the Fair.)
- All protests against the enforcement of these rules must be made in writing and accompanied by a deposit of $5.00 which will be forfeited if protest is not substained. Such protest must state plainly the cause of complaint or appeal, and must be filed with the Secretary by 12:00 o’clock noon of the last day of the Fair.
- No unauthorized demonstrations, protests or picketing will be allowed on any part of the fairgrounds as defined in Nebraska Statues Section 28-1317.
- The management will use diligence to enable the safety of stock or articles after their arrival and placement, but in no case will they be responsible for any loss or damage that might occur.
- Livestock exhibits will be subject to public inspection from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- The Board of Managers reserves the right on all Special premiums and classifications published in this premium list to raise or lower the score set for eligibility of contestants to a pro-rate share in the premium offered.
- Blue Ribbon denotes First Premium; Red Ribbon, Second Premium; White Ribbon, Third Premium.All exhibits in Junior Fair will be divided into groups of Merit. Purple will denote superior exhibits; Blue will denote excel- lent exhibits; Red will denote a good exhibit; while White a merit exhibit of not such high quality. Equal prizes will be given the same color under the same entry number. Each entry number will show its own scale of awards, except Livestock contest where guarantee is listed at the head of the class.
- Where any article in any class does not have competition, the award to be made will be left to the discretion of the judge.